a space to truly hold on to our thoughts

Friday, June 12, 2009

Manhattan Mania

USA, New York, Manhattan and Brooklyn bridge

After everything that has been said about New York City, I would still like to add my insignificant bit to it. Consider this a personal tribute to a city that brings out the best in most of us.
The first time I stepped into Manhattan about 4 years ago, I felt intimidated,awed,excited all at the same time. Those feelings are a constant,no matter how many times I've been there, I just never get bored of the it.

The skyscrapers, a witness to the genius that lies within us. The culture, an eclectic mix from all over the world. The pace, so addictive, it can make the laziest human being feel like running a marathon! The mood, always upbeat, my recommendation to combat depression, a walk down the streets of downtown manhattan..!!
The fashion, deserves a special mention. The आम आदमी is the trend-setter, always well put together, never trying too hard. The self-confidence of a New Yorker reflects in what he wears, unafraid to wear vanity on his sleeve.

There's all this and much more to love about this amazing city, but what I adore the most is the emotions it arouses in me,those of ambitiousness,hope and a sense that eventually,everything will be allright.

1 comment: